Feb 10, 2012

January

OK, it's been a while. I am going to be more regular from now on, promise.



I'm writing this looking out to a snow covered garden. Amazing. The cold weather has brought all the birds closer; hawfinch, brambling and bullfinch are now all visiting, together with all of the regulars. This morning a peregrine jetted past, and just half an hour ago, a female sparrowhawk swooped in and caught one of the many blackbirds right in front of my eyes.


I've just opened a new exhibition in Rønne, where I've got around 12 works on show. These are nearly all new and are selling well. I'm actually quite happy with the way things are going, developmentally speaking, for a change, and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into things.











I've made some new frames as well. Instead of mounting the larger watercolours in a window mount, I've made some new 'floating' mounts which I'm really chuffed with, where the painting 'hovers' within the frame. This way you don't have to worry so much about ripples in the paper, and you get to see the deckled edges of the paper.
















No comments:

Post a Comment