May 25, 2011

April

Finally warm enough to actually be outside sketching, without my fingers freezing. April was really sunny, I don't think it rained at all. I've done lots of sketching down in Salthammer, sleeping gulls, shelduck - the usual, but good for getting back into it. Upstairs is almost finished now...




















I've also been working on some illustrations for a Danish ornithological magazine. They wanted to have some of a goshawk chasing a pheasant. You can see one of them on my website. Otherwise here are some sketches. I've neither seen a hunting goshawk nor sketched a hunting goshawk - the closest I've come is some drawings of a feeding sparrowhawk - so I had to resort to Youtube and so on. There is a really amazing BBC clip showing a Goshawk hunting. At one point they put a camera on its head as it flew through tiny gaps in the forest at 30 mph. Mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment